Urdu Suffix word senses
Total 20 word senses
- آباد (Adjective) inhabitable
- آباد (Adjective) inhabited
- آباد (Adjective) populous
- آباد (Adjective) cultivated
- آباد (Suffix) denotes a populated or inhabited area.
- انہ (Suffix) -ly, like ..., forms adjectives
- ت (Character) The fourth letter of the Urdu abjad.
- ت (Suffix) Forming abstract nouns denoting a state, condition, or quality.
- ت (Suffix) -ed (used to form past adjectives)
- خواہ (Conjunction) even if, regardless of
- خواہ (Suffix) desiring, wishing
- خواہ (Suffix) requiring, wanting
- خواہ (Suffix) soliciting
- دار (Suffix) having, possessing, holding
- دار (Noun) wood
- دار (Noun) gallows
- دار (Noun) house
- دار (Noun) seat
- راج (Noun) royalty, kingship
- راج (Noun) reign, rule
- راج (Noun) kingdom, empire, state
- راج (Noun) monarchy, sovereignty
- راج (Noun) government, administration
- راج (Noun) mason
- راج (Noun) builder
- راج (Prefix) A prefix which forms a large number of compound words and carries an adjectival meaning of the king or of the state (e.g., راجکر (rāj-kar) royal tribute, tax, راجدوت (rāj-dūt) royal emissary, ambassador, راجبھاشا (rāj-bhāṣā) national language, راجنیتی (rāj-nīti) politics), etc.
- راج (Suffix) A suffix which forms compound words and carries the meaning king or chief (e.g., مہاراج (mahā-rāj) great king, maharaja).
- ش (Character) The nineteenth letter of the Urdu abjad.
- ش (Suffix) A suffix used in many nouns borrowed from Persian, and also in certain native words. This is a rough equivalent of -tion or -ment, making a noun for the action of the verb.
- ـواں (Suffix) -th (suffix used to form ordinals from numerals)
- ـی (Suffix) relating to, forms adjectives from nouns
- ـی (Suffix) doer, possessor
- ـی (Suffix) forms abstract nouns from adjectives or common nouns
- کار (Noun) work, occupation, action
- کار (Noun) function, duty, use
- کار (Suffix) denotes a doer or agent; -er
- یات (Suffix) denoting the science, study or branch of knowledge of the thing denoted by the word it is suffixed to: -logy, -ology
- یات (Suffix) -ics
- یت (Suffix) denoting a state of being the thing denoted by the word it is suffixed to: -ness, -ity
- یت (Suffix) -ism
- یت (Adjective) joined
- یت (Adjective) separate, removed
- یت (Noun) a particular measure of length (equal to 4 hastas)
- ین (Suffix) Suffix which form the plural of nouns that do not end with ی (ye).
Download JSON data for these senses (20.8kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Urdu dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-12-04 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-12-01 using wiktextract (d78fae7 and e74a84e).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.