Tuvan Suffix word senses
Total 6 word senses
- -й (Suffix) Agglutinated after an affirmative verb stem which ends in a vowel, forming an affirmative imperfective converb; Used to form the ability of a verb, with auxiliary ал- (al-, literally “to take”)
- -й (Suffix) Agglutinated after an affirmative verb stem which ends in a vowel, forming an affirmative imperfective converb; Used to form a perfective verb, with auxiliary бер- (ber-, literally “to give”)
- -п (Suffix) Agglutinated after a verb stem which ends in a vowel, forming its affirmative modal converbal form
- -п (Suffix) Agglutinated after a verb stem which ends in a vowel, forming its affirmative modal converbal form; Used to form a verb in a specific grammatical aspect, with auxiliary турар (turar), олурар (olurar), чыдар (çıdar) or чоруур (çoruur)
- -тыр (Suffix) Forms causative verbs.
- -тыр (Verb) is
- -тыр (Verb) it seems, probably
- -ыкчы (Suffix) Forming agent nouns from verbs.
Download JSON data for these senses (5.7kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Tuvan dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-11-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-11-20 using wiktextract (38af5b2 and 2fe4789).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.