Telugu Interjection word senses
Total 21 word senses
- అబ్రకదబ్ర (Interjection) abracadabra : Used to indicate that a magic trick or other illusion has been performed.
- అయ్యో (Interjection) alas, aiyo; an expression of sorrow, distress, regret or grief.
- ఓ (Character) The long vowel oo and eleventh letter in Telugu alphabet.
- ఓ (Affix) An affix, denoting question, guess or doubt, as నీకో వానికో to you or to him.
- ఓ (Affix) An affix, which ordinalizes cardinal numbers for numbers 2 or greater.
- ఓ (Interjection) The vocative sign or an exclamation used in calling or addressing a person.
- ఓ (Adjective) Alternative form of the adjective ఒక
- ఓయి (Interjection) An exclamatory particle or word used in calling a man and prefixed to the vocative case.
- ఓరి (Interjection) An interjectory word used in calling a man, (generally of inferior rank or great familiarity and intimacy with the speaker) and prefixed to the vocative case, or used as an ending or termination, or sometimes used independently.
- ఓసి (Interjection) An exclamatory particle or word used in calling a woman, (generally of inferior rank or great familiarity and intimacy with the speaker) and prefixed to the vocative case, or used as an ending or termination, or sometimes used independently.
- ఓహో (Interjection) An exclamatory word used before the vocative case, or for expressing wonder, admiration etc.
- కట్టా (Interjection) alas!
- కో (Character) A Telugu ligature from క and ఓ.
- కో (Character) imperative of కొనుము (konumu): take thou.
- కో (Interjection) Oh! oh! Alas, forbear.
- కో (Interjection) Huzza! Hurrah!
- చీ (Character) A Telugu letter that combines చ (ca) and ీ.
- చీ (Interjection) Poh! fie! చీకొట్టు to scold.
- జేజే (Noun) god, goddess, deity
- జేజే (Interjection) hurrah! huzza!
- జో (Interjection) hush! a word used in lulling a child to sleep
- జోజో (Interjection) hush, hushaby
- తథాస్తు (Adverb) so be it
- తథాస్తు (Interjection) amen
- దెంగు (Verb) to fuck, fornicate, have sex
- దెంగు (Interjection) exclamation of strong dismissal
- పాహి (Interjection) Save! save us look upon us mercifully.
- ఫసక్ (Interjection) a somewhat nonsensical expression; usually used in a similar sense to finish or in one fell swoop as a euphemism for killing or destroying something
- భళా (Interjection) An exclamatory word used to denote well done! very good! Bravo!
- సలాం (Interjection) Alternative form of సలాము (salāmu)
- సలాము (Interjection) salaam: A respectful ceremonial greeting performed mostly in Islamic countries.
Download JSON data for these senses (16.3kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Telugu dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-12-07 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-12-01 using wiktextract (c7094e7 and 474c143).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.