Tagalog Article word senses
Total 12 word senses
- ang (Article) direct marker for all nouns other than personal proper nouns
- ang (Article) used with a quality for emphasis and to give it an adjectival meaning
- manga (Article) Alternative spelling of mga
- mang̃a (Article) Obsolete form of mga.
- nina (Article) possessive particle, used only with personal names
- nina (Article) ergative marker used with personal names, equivalent of ng mga used with common nouns.
- si (Article) direct marker placed before names or terms of address of people
- si (Article) direct marker placed before an adjective used to refer to a person with those distinct characteristics
- si (Noun) The name of the Latin-script letter C/c, in the Filipino alphabet.
- sila (Pronoun) they
- sila (Article) plural direct marker placed before names or terms of address of people
- sila (Noun) attack of a predatory animal on its animal prey
- sina (Article) plural direct marker placed before names or terms of address of people
- 'ng (Article) Contraction of ang, usually in set phrases
- ᜀᜅ᜔ (Article) Baybayin spelling of ang
- ᜀᜅ᜔ (Proper name) Baybayin spelling of Ang
Download JSON data for these senses (28.9kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Tagalog dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-12-07 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-12-01 using wiktextract (c7094e7 and 474c143).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.