Phalura Particle word senses
Total 31 word senses
- aleehisalaám (Particle) on whom be peace
- ba (Particle) Marker with a (switch-)topic function (variously corresponding to 'and, however, instead, as for, but')
- bi (Particle) also, too
- bi (Particle) else, at all
- bi (Particle) even
- ee (Particle) Utterance final question clitic
- ee (Conjunction) Conjoining marker cliticized to the first constituent
- eé (Particle) Marker of exclusivity, emphasis, intensification or continuity
- ga (Determiner) any
- ga (Determiner) what (kind), which
- ga (Pronoun) what
- ga (Pronoun) that
- ga (Conjunction) Complementizer/relativizer
- ga (Conjunction) that
- ga (Conjunction) which
- ga (Conjunction) who
- ga (Conjunction) where
- ga (Particle) Marker of inferred, assumed or presumed knowledge
- galá (Particle) ever
- galá (Particle) else
- hazrát (Particle) Lord (esp. as a religious title)
- hum (Particle) also, as well as
- kaakaá (Particle) Respectful term of address
- kaakaá (Particle) dear uncle
- maní (Particle) it has been said
- maní (Particle) we have been told
- maní (Particle) apparently
- na (Particle) not
- na (Particle) don't
- na (Interjection) no!
- neé (Particle) please!
- nheé (Particle) isn't it? right?
- seéb (Particle) Sir, lord
- ta (Particle) Particle with different-subject marking function (variously corresponding to 'when, then, so (that), and')
- thaní (Particle) Marker of quotation or reported (direct) discourse
- thaní (Conjunction) thus named, called
- xu (Particle) but
- xu (Particle) however
- xu (Particle) although
- yára (Particle) Expressing regret or hesitation
- šanbalíi (Particle) outer end (of roof)
- šariíf (Particle) holy, sacred
- ǰanaáb (Particle) Sir
Download JSON data for these senses (19.6kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Phalura dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-11-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-11-20 using wiktextract (38af5b2 and 2fe4789).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.