Old Norse Prefix word senses
Total 18 word senses
- af- (Prefix) Combining form of af.
- all- (Prefix) used as an intensive in front of adjectives and adverbs; very, extremely
- and- (Prefix) denotes whatever is opposite, against, towards
- and- (Prefix) hostile, adverse
- birki- (Prefix) birchen, birch-
- býsna- (Prefix) pretty, tolerably
- erki- (Prefix) arch-
- fjǫl- (Prefix) much, manifold
- jafn- (Prefix) such a, so … a, equally as
- jǫrmun- (Prefix) strong, whole
- jǫrmun- (Prefix) great
- kvenn- (Prefix) pertaining to women or womanhood
- mis- (Prefix) mis-, wrong, erroneous
- sam- (Prefix) together, con-
- tví- (Prefix) twice, double, binary
- van- (Prefix) denoting lacking, under-, un-
- á- (Prefix) Combining form of á.
- ú- (Prefix) not, non-, un-
Download JSON data for these senses (14.8kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Old Norse dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2021-09-21 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2021-09-20 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed data.