Old High German Suffix word senses
Total 14 word senses
- -ari (Suffix) used to form agent nouns
- -ari (Suffix) used to form demonyms
- -i (Suffix) productive suffix used to form abstract nouns from adjectives
- -i (Suffix) non-productive suffix used to form action nouns from weak verbs
- -ida (Suffix) used to form abstract nouns from adjectives
- -in (Suffix) used to create adjectives from nouns
- -isc (Suffix) used to form adjectives
- -lih (Suffix) used to form adjectives
- -mēs (Suffix) First person plural suffix. Used after a noun ending in a vowel, paralleled by the subjunctive Gothic suffix -ma affixed with the non-singular suffix *-(e)s, *-(o)s. Used in the sense of hypercharacterizing the plurality of the desinence.
- -o (Suffix) Forms adverbs from adjectives.
- -o (Suffix) used to form masculine agents from verbs
- -ohti (Suffix) used to form adjectives
- -unga (Suffix) suffix used to form action nouns, -ing
- -ur (Suffix) Suffix variant found on masculine a-stem nouns
Download JSON data for these senses (13.3kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Old High German dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-01-14 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-01-01 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.