Middle Irish word senses marked with topical category "Nature"
Subcategories: Atmosphere, Chemical processes, Directions, Earth, Energy, Matter, Space
Total 19 word senses
- Aengus (Proper name) The Gaelic god of love, youth, and poetic inspiration, son of the Dagdae and Boann of the Túatha Dé Danann.
- Dagda (Proper name) An important god in Irish mythology.
- Medb (Proper name) A female given name, equivalent to English Maeve, born notably by the queen of Connacht in the Ulster Cycle
- afost (Noun) gold
- aimser (Noun) time
- amrán (Noun) singing, song
- basc (Noun) storm, heavy fall of rain
- beóir (Noun) beer
- ceól (Noun) music
- cláirsech (Noun) harp
- cláirseóir (Noun) harpist
- cruittirecht (Noun) harp-playing, skill in playing the harp
- fuil (Noun) a wound
- gabor (Adjective) white, light-hued, bright
- gabor (Noun) horse, mare (especially a white one)
- grís (Noun) heat, fire, embers, hot ashes
- reód (Noun) frost
- rétlu (Noun) star
- íarthar (Noun) west
Download JSON data for these senses (32.1kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Middle Irish dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-01-20 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-01-01 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.