Middle English word senses marked with topical category "Wine"
Parent categories: Alcoholic beverages, Beverages, Drinking, Recreational drugs, Food and drink, Liquids, Human behaviour, Drugs, Matter, Human, Pharmacology, Chemistry, Nature, Biochemistry, Medicine, Sciences, Biology
Total 38 word senses
- bastard (Noun) a kind of fortified wine, often with spices added
- bastard (Noun) a heretic or sinner; one separated from one's deity
- bastard (Adjective) coming not from wedlock, coming from bastardy; illegitimate
- bastard (Adjective) low-quality, inferior, imitation; of bad manufacture
- bastard (Adjective) made using or incorporating fortified wine
- canner (Noun) A machine that removes impurities from wine.
- clarré (Noun) wine with honey and spices
- flouren (Noun) To become a gold colour.
- housel (Noun) The bread and wine utilised at Holy Communion.
- must (Noun) fruit juice
- pipe (Noun) A pipe; a piece of tubing used as a channel (often for fluids):; A piece of tubing which string or rope is inserted into.
- pipe (Noun) A pipe; a piece of tubing used as a channel (often for fluids):; A syringe; a hollow tube for medical removal or insertion.
- pipe (Noun) A pipe; a piece of tubing used as a channel (often for fluids):; Any other medical device or equipment based around a chamber or pipe.
- pipe (Noun) A pipe; a piece of tubing used as a channel (often for fluids):; A pipe (musical instrument) or a similar wind instrument.
- pipe (Noun) A pipe; a piece of tubing used as a channel (often for fluids):; A pipe as part of a musical instrument (e.g. bagpipes)
- pipe (Noun) A barrel or tub; a container or vessel for the storage of bulk goods, especially wine.
- pipe (Noun) An anatomical or bodily channel or passage, especially one used for respiration.
- rosee (Noun) A meal incorporating rose petals or flowers
- rosee (Noun) A dish that is imitates the colour of a rose.
- rosee (Noun) A specific type of red wine
- saturnous (Adjective) Rich in flavour; full-bodied.
- syngyng (Noun) The sound of wine undergoing fermentation.
- vendage (Noun) vintage (the process of picking grapes)
- vergeous (Noun) verjuice (often used as sauce or medicine)
- viniter (Noun) vintner (wine merchant)
- viniterie (Noun) vintry (wine shop)
- vinous (Adjective) vinous (relating to wine)
- vyne-tre (Noun) grapevine
- vynegre (Noun) vinegar, especially that made from wine (often used in cooking, medicine and as a garnish).
- vyner (Noun) vineyard
- vyneȝerd (Noun) grapevine
- vynolent (Adjective) vinolent (tending to drink excessively)
- vynolent (Adjective) drunk, inebriated
- vyntener (Noun) vintner (wine merchant)
- wyn (Noun) wine (in food, cooking, medicine, the Eucharist, etc.)
- wyndrawer (Noun) One who transports wine.
- wyndronken (Adjective) Drunk or inebriated with wine.
- wyny (Adjective) Related to or containing wine; winy.
Download JSON data for these senses (53.5kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Middle English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-01-14 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-01-01 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.