Middle English word senses marked with topical category "Hair"
Parent categories: Body
Total 50 word senses
- berd (Noun) beard
- brewe (Noun) An eyebrow; the hair above the eyes.
- browe (Noun) The eyebrow (line of hair above the eyes)
- calwe (Adjective) bald
- comb (Noun) A comb (toothed tool for holding or grooming hair)
- coronement (Noun) The placing of a wreath or halo on one's head.
- coroune (Noun) A patch of shaved hair (usually of a monk).
- crisp (Adjective) curly-haired
- crispen (Verb) To curl; to have curls.
- croket (Noun) curl of hair
- crownynge (Noun) The placing of a wreath on one's head.
- dok (Noun) Hair cut at the tail; the dock.
- dokkyn (Verb) To dock (slice hair of an animal's tail)
- fax (Noun) The hair of the head.
- heed (Noun) The head (top portion of a human or animal):; A head-covering; headwear or hair.
- her (Noun) a hair (follicular growth on the skin)
- her (Noun) hair (follicular growths on the skin)
- her (Noun) pelt, hide, animal skin
- her (Noun) Something similar in appearance to hair (e.g. a botanical hair)
- hor (Adjective) Having white or gray hair.
- horen (Verb) To develop grey, white, or hoary hair.
- horenesse (Noun) Experience from seniority.
- horn (Noun) Horned bovids.
- horned (Adjective) Having headwear and hair done with projections like horns.
- horned (Adjective) In its crescent phase; waxing or waning.
- hors her (Noun) horsehair (horses' hair)
- horynesse (Noun) The state of being hoary; hoariness.
- kemben (Noun) To comb or brush one's hair; to use a comb.
- kembynge (Noun) The combing of hair or wool.
- mane (Noun) A mane (hair on an animal's hind)
- naked (Adjective) Uncovered; exposed, visible:; Partially bodily uncovered or bald; uncovered in a specific area.
- naked (Adjective) Uncovered; exposed, visible:; Of a melee weapon; lacking a hilt or sheath; openly carried or readied.
- naked (Adjective) Uncovered; exposed, visible:; Of an wound; exposed; open, showing internals.
- naked (Adjective) Lacking feelings or sympathy.
- naked (Noun) An exposed part of the body.
- rote (Noun) The foundation or base of a protuberance or extension of the body:; The root of the hair; the part of the hair within the scalp.
- schaven (Verb) To razor hair; to use a unpaired blade to cut hair:; To shave; to remove all hair in a given area.
- schaven (Verb) To razor hair; to use a unpaired blade to cut hair:; To cut hair closely or fully.
- schavynge (Noun) Shaving; removal of the hair with a razor.
- sched (Noun) A parting of the hair.
- scheden (Verb) To divide or separate in two:; To part or comb (hair).
- scheren (Verb) To cut; to slash or slice with a blade or sharp edge:; To shear; to remove hair, fur, or wool
- top (Noun) The summit or top of something, especially a vertical object:; The head, especially its top or the hair on its top.
- toppen (Verb) To shave; to make bald.
- toppyng (Noun) The hair on one's crown of the head.
- tresse (Noun) braid, tress
- wolle (Noun) wool (coat of sheep), especially when used to make fabric
- wolle (Noun) Shorn wool, especially stockpiled in bulk.
- wolle (Noun) Other fibres (substituting wool)
- wolle (Noun) The flesh or innards of fruit.
Download JSON data for these senses (80.3kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Middle English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-01-20 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-01-01 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.