Middle Dutch Prefix word senses
Total 8 word senses
- be- (Prefix) A verb prefix with a variety of meanings.
- on- (Prefix) un-, in-
- ont- (Prefix) un-, de-; forms verbs meaning to negate, remove or separate.
- ont- (Prefix) Forms inchoative verbs, indicating that a process is beginning.
- or- (Prefix) A prefix with a variety of meanings, but originally meaning "out" or "original".
- te- (Prefix) Creates verbs with a sense of ‘in pieces, apart, asunder’, or with intensive force.
- ver- (Prefix) Forms verbs indicating change away from a state.
- ver- (Prefix) Forms verbs indicating a more thorough action.
Download JSON data for these senses (7.3kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Middle Dutch dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2021-09-21 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2021-09-20 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed data.