Latin Particle word senses
Total 13 word senses
- -ne (Particle) Added to the end of a word in a phrase (usually the first word) to make it a question.
- -ne (Particle) or… (introduces a question or an alternative)
- -pe (Particle) used in the formation of certain words as an intensive particle
- nenu (Particle) Alternative form of noenu
- non (Particle) not
- quippe (Particle) the reason is that (introducing the reason for a previous assertion and expecting ready agreement)
- quippe (Particle) as is to be expected from someone who; as being
- quippe (Particle) seeing as, since, inasmuch as (specifying and qualifying a situation)
- quippe (Particle) as is natural when, seeing as (introducing a justification, defence etc.)
- quippe (Particle) indeed, since, after all, why, I mean (often corresponding to a written dash in English)
- quippe (Particle) for, namely (explaining the usage of a word or phrase)
- quippini (Particle) how else? of course, naturally
- ñ (Particle) Alternative form of n̄, abbreviation of nōn (“not”).
Download JSON data for these senses (12.4kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Latin dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-01-20 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-01-01 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.