Kyrgyz Suffix word senses
Total 22 word senses
- -й (Suffix) Agglutinated after a verb stem which ends in a vowel, forming an imperfective converb
- -й (Suffix) Agglutinated after the negative form of a verb stem, forming a negative imperfective or associative converb
- -кана (Suffix) An establishment where a specific type of products or services is available
- -луу (Suffix) with, containing; forms adjectives from nouns. This usage is treated as a "case suffix" and is separated from proper nouns by an apostrophe.
- -луу (Suffix) Infinitive ending of verbs having a low or back vowel and which end with vowel. (а, ы, о, у)
- -лык (Suffix) -hood, -ship, -dom
- -лык (Suffix) -ness
- -лык (Suffix) of, from;
- -м (Suffix) First-person singular possessive suffix denoting singular possession in words ending in a consonant.
- -ма (Suffix) Suffix to form verbal nouns. (-ing)
- -стан (Suffix) Suffix to form country names when added to names of ethnic groups.
- -стан (Suffix) Suffix to form place of something.
- -сыз (Suffix) Suffix used to create adjectives not containing the noun; roughly equivalent to English -less (or sometimes de-, non-, un-)
- -ча (Suffix) Suffix to form adverbs from nouns and adjectives. (-ly, -like)
- -ча (Suffix) Suffix to form languages when added to names of ethnic groups. (-ian, -ish, -ese)
- -ча (Suffix) Suffix to form dimiunitives of nouns
- -чи (Suffix) Profession suffix.
- -чы (Suffix) Suffix to form nouns, denoting a profession, occupation or inclination. (-er)
- -чыл (Suffix) Suffix appended to nouns to derive adjectives with the meaning of inclination.
- -ым (Suffix) First-person singular possessive suffix denoting singular possession in words ending in a consonant.
- -ым (Suffix) attached to a verb stem, forming a noun that represents an instance of, or a result of performing, the action implied by the verb
- -ынчы (Suffix) Suffix creating ordinal numbers.
Download JSON data for these senses (19.2kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Kyrgyz dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-11-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-11-20 using wiktextract (38af5b2 and 2fe4789).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.