Korean Symbol word senses
Total 12 word senses
- O (Symbol) true.
- X (Symbol) false.
- ea (Symbol) symbol of 개 (gae, “item, piece, general counter for objects”).
- ㅇㅅㅇ (Symbol) An emoticon representing a sweet face.
- ㅜㅜ (Symbol) Alternative form of ㅠㅠ (emoticon representing a crying face).
- ㅠㅅㅠ (Symbol) Alternative form of ㅠㅠ (emoticon representing a crying face).
- ㅠㅠ (Symbol) An emoticon representing a crying face; T_T.
- ㅡㅡ (Symbol) an emoticon representing an annoyed face
- 가 (Symbol) The first syllable in the standard ordering of Hangul, the Korean alphabet. Often used to mark the first item of a list or sub-list, equivalent to English (A).
- 가 (Noun) border, edge, end
- 가 (Noun) around, nearby, beside
- 가 (Noun) brim (of a vessel)
- 가 (Noun) family, household
- 가 (Noun) dynasty, lineage, household, House
- 가 (Suffix) -er, -ist
- 가 (Noun) allowed; permitted
- 가 (Noun) aye, for (in meetings, etc.)
- 가 (Noun) The lowest score in the five-point grading system in South Korean schools, ultimately abolished in 2012; equivalent to E or F in the Roman alphabet grading scheme.
- 가 (Suffix) price
- 가 (Suffix) valence
- 가 (Suffix) street
- 가 (Prefix) false
- 가 (Prefix) temporary
- 가 (Root) Root of 가하다 (gahada). Rarely used alone.
- 가 (Verb) infinitive of 가다 (gada, “to go”): see 가다 (gada), 어 (-eo).
- 가 (Verb) informal non-polite non-past indicative of 가다 (gada, “to go”)
- 가 (Verb) informal non-polite non-past interrogative of 가다 (gada, “to go”)
- 가 (Verb) informal non-polite hortative of 가다 (gada, “to go”)
- 가 (Verb) informal non-polite imperative of 가다 (gada, “to go”)
- 가 (Verb) formal non-polite cause/reason of 가다 (gada, “to go”)
- 가 (Syllable)
- ㈜ (Symbol) Symbol for 주식회사 (jusikhoesa).
- ㉾ (Symbol) 우편번호 (upyeonbeonho, “postal code”).
- (Symbol) I love you
Download JSON data for these senses (11.6kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Korean dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-12-07 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-12-01 using wiktextract (c7094e7 and 474c143).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.