Italian Article word senses
Total 13 word senses
- coi (Article) contraction of con i; with the
- gli (Article) Form of the article i (“the”) used before a vowel, impure s, gn, pn, ps, x, y, and z, and also with the plural noun dei (“gods”); the
- i (Article) the
- il (Article) the
- l' (Article) Apocopic form of il/lo, la: the
- la (Article) the
- le (Article) the
- li (Article) Archaic form of gli.
- lo (Article) The form of il that is used before the so-called impure consonants, that is, s+consonant (impure s), gn, pn, ps, x or z; before a vowel it becomes l'; the
- un (Article) Apocopic form of uno: a, an
- un' (Article) Apocopic form of una
- una (Article) feminine singular of uno
- uno (Article) an, a
Download JSON data for these senses (13.8kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Italian dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2021-09-21 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2021-09-20 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed data.