Inupiaq Determiner word senses
Total 12 word senses
- agga (Determiner) across there [visible, covering a large area or in motion]; across there
- ikña (Determiner) the one across there [visible, in a limited area or not in motion]; the one across there
- itcha (Determiner) across there (visible, in a limited area or not in motion)
- pagga (Determiner) up there above (and behind speaker), away from shore, landwards, mountainwards (visible, in motion or covers a large area)
- pakimna (Determiner) that one up there on the roof (not visible)
- pamma (Determiner) back there behind, landwards, mountainwards [not visible]; back there behind, landwards, mountainwards
- pauna (Determiner) by way of up there
- pauŋa (Determiner) towards up there
- pikka (Determiner) up there, above (visible, not in motion)
- pitcha (Determiner) up there, above (visible, not in motion)
- qamma (Determiner) upriver, inside (further from entrance than speaker)
- qaŋaimña (Determiner) recent past, at a particular time
Download JSON data for these senses (6.7kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Inupiaq dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-12-06 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-12-01 using wiktextract (ecb5e11 and 619981b).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.