Hebrew Symbol word senses
Total 14 word senses
- ֯ (Symbol) A non-spacing symbol placed over a word or phrase of the Bible to indicate that presence of a Masoretic note in the margin.
- ׀ (Symbol) A particular cantillation mark: where it appears, it follows a word that has what is normally a conjunctive mark and makes it disjunctive.
- ׆ (Symbol) A Masoretic notation of unclear significance.
- ד׳ (Numeral) 4, four, 4th, fourth.
- ד׳ (Noun) Wednesday.
- ד׳ (Noun) G-d.
- ד׳ (Symbol) Used to denote /ð/ (the sound of the <th> in English this).
- ׳ (Symbol) Used after truncations of single words.
- ׳ (Symbol) Used after numbers written as a single Hebrew letter.
- ׳ (Symbol) Used as a diacritic in indicating a non-native sound.
- ׳ (Symbol) Used to represent the Latin-script apostrophe, especially that in English 's.
- ״ (Symbol) Double apostrophe, used to form Hebrew acronyms, as in ארה״ב and תנ״ך.
- ״ (Symbol) Used in a number written as multiple letters.
- ״ (Symbol) Used by some authors for emphasis.
- ״ (Symbol) Often used in writing out the names of letters, such as וי״ו.
- ﬩ (Symbol) plus
- @ (Symbol) The symbol used as a separator between a username and a domain name in an e-mail address.
Download JSON data for these senses (9.3kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Hebrew dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-12-07 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-12-01 using wiktextract (c7094e7 and 474c143).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.