English word senses marked with lifeform category "Caryophyllales order plants"
lakeweed - love-lies-bleeding (9 senses)
- lakeweed (Noun) The water pepper, an aquatic plant of the family Polygonaceae.
- lamb's quarters (Noun) Chenopodium album, of the goosefoot family, sometimes used as a potherb
- lamb's quarters (Noun) Any of several similar plants of genera Chenopodium and Atriplex.
- leadwort (Noun) Any of various maritime herbs of the genus Plumbago, some of which have lead-coloured spots on the leaves or nearly lead-coloured flowers.
- leaf cactus (Noun) A cactus of either of two genera in the family Cactaceae: Epiphyllum and Pereskia.
- leafy goosefoot (Noun) A species of flowering plant in the amaranth family formerly used as leaf vegetable, Blitum virgatum, formerly Chenopodium foliosum.
- lewisia (Noun) Any plant of the genus Lewisia.
- lithops (Noun) Any of the genus Lithops of succulent plants resembling stones.
- loblolly tree (Noun) Any of several West Indian trees with more or less leathery foliage, but otherwise dissimilar, such as Pisonia subcordata, Cordia alba, and Cupania glabra.
- love-lies-bleeding (Noun) A tropical plant, Amaranthus caudatus, that has clusters of little red flowers
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.