English word senses marked with lifeform category "Caryophyllales order plants"
kanna - lady's thumb (11 senses)
- kanna (Noun) Sceletium tortuosum, a Southern African succulent with psychoactive properties.
- kanna (Noun) Platysace cirrosa, a Western Australian perennial herb.
- kanna (Noun) Caroxylon aphyllum, a shrub.
- kelpwort (Noun) The plant kali.
- knapbottle (Noun) Bladder campion.
- knawel (Noun) A low, spreading weed of the genus Scleranthus, especially; Scleranthus annuus, common in sandy soil.
- knawel (Noun) A low, spreading weed of the genus Scleranthus, especially; Scleranthus biflorus
- knotgrass (Noun) An annual plant, Polygonum aviculare, found in fields and wasteland
- knotgrass (Noun) Paspalum distichum, a weedy perennial grass of wet areas
- knotweed (Noun) Any of several plants of the genus Polygonum, with jointed stems and inconspicuous flowers
- knotwort (Noun) A small, herbaceous, trailing plant of the species Illecebrum verticillatum (coral necklace).
- kokihi (Noun) Tetragonia tetragonioides, a leafy ground cover with edible leaves.
- lady's bedstraw (Noun) Galium verum (yellow bedstraw).
- lady's bedstraw (Noun) Pharnaceum mollugo (cf. Mollugo verticillata), a slender-leaved East Indian shrub with white flowers in umbels.
- lady's cushion (Noun) A herb, the thrift (Armeria maritima) that grows in dense tufts.
- lady's thumb (Noun) The invasive perennial plant of the knotweed family, Persicaria maculosa.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-28 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.