English word senses marked with topical category "Calendar terms"
eighties - help the Halloween party (11 senses)
- eighties (Noun) plural of eighty
- eighties (Noun) The decade of the 1880s, 1980s, etc.
- eighties (Noun) The decade of one's life from age 80 through age 89.
- eighties (Noun) The range between 80 and 89.
- eighties (Adjective) From or evoking the 81st through 90th years of a century (chiefly the 1980s).
- eisteddfod (Noun) Any of several annual festivals in which Welsh poets, dancers, and musicians compete for recognition.
- fairy lights (Noun) Small electric lights on a strand which are used decoratively, especially on Christmas trees.
- fantasia (Noun) A form of instrumental composition with a free structure and improvisational characteristics; specifically, one combining a number of well-known musical pieces.
- fantasia (Noun) Any work which is unstructured or comprises other works of different genres or styles.
- fantasia (Noun) A traditional festival of the inhabitants of the Maghreb (in northwest Africa) featuring exhibitions of horsemanship.
- fifties (Noun) plural of fifty
- fifties (Noun) The decade of the 1850s, 1950s, etc.
- fifties (Noun) The decade of one's life from age 50 through age 59.
- fifties (Noun) The range between 50 and 59.
- fifties (Adjective) From or evoking the 51st through 60th years of a century (chiefly the 1950s).
- first-foot (Noun) The first person to enter the home of a household on New Year's Day.
- forties (Noun) plural of forty
- forties (Noun) The decade of the 1840s, 1940s, etc.
- forties (Noun) The decade of one's life from age 40 through age 49.
- forties (Noun) The range between 40 and 49.
- forties (Adjective) From or evoking the 41st through 50th years of a century (chiefly the 1940s).
- half term (Noun) A short school holiday in the middle of the term.
- half term (Noun) Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see half, term.
- happy New Year (Phrase) A wish said around the start of a new year to wish someone well for the New Year (holiday) or for the (entire) new year.
- haunted house (Noun) Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see haunted, house.
- haunted house (Noun) A Halloween amusement attraction in which a building or series of rooms is decorated to frighten the people who pass through the attraction.
- haunted house (Noun) Synonym of witch house (“music genre”)
- help the Halloween party (Interjection) trick or treat
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.