English word senses marked with topical category "Buildings and structures"
copy room - corrections officer (16 senses)
- copy room (Noun) A room in a school or business set aside for the copy machines.
- corkscrew (Noun) An implement for opening bottles that are sealed by a cork. Sometimes specifically such an implement that includes a screw-shaped part, or worm.
- corkscrew (Noun) The screw-shaped worm of a typical corkscrew.
- corkscrew (Noun) A type of sharp, twisting punch, often one thrown close and from the side.
- corkscrew (Noun) A type of inversion used in roller coasters.
- corkscrew (Adjective) Having the tightly winding shape of a corkscrew.
- corkscrew (Verb) To wind or twist in the manner of a corkscrew; to move with much horizontal and vertical shifting.
- corkscrew (Verb) To cause something to twist or move in a spiral path or shape.
- corkscrew (Verb) To extract information or consent from someone.
- corn crib (Noun) A slatted bin for drying corn (maize).
- corn house (Noun) A small shed-like structure usually adjacent to a barn, typically used to store grain or feed, or for isolation of unruly or lame farm animals.
- corner office (Noun) An office at a place in a building or floor where two walls join together, generally occupied by managers.
- corner pub (Noun) A pub on the corner of two roads; a pub that is very near - one's local (just around the corner)
- cornhole (Noun) A small room connected to a threshing floor.
- cornhole (Noun) A game similar to beanbag toss, popular in Ohio, in which a bag is filled with corn feed and thrown into a hole.
- cornhole (Noun) The anus.
- cornhole (Verb) To have anal intercourse with; to penetrate anally.
- corral (Noun) An enclosure for livestock, especially a circular one.
- corral (Noun) An enclosure or area to concentrate a dispersed group.
- corral (Noun) A circle of wagons, either for the purpose of trapping livestock, or for defense.
- corral (Verb) To capture or round up.
- corral (Verb) To place inside of a corral.
- corral (Verb) To make a circle of vehicles, as of wagons so as to form a corral.
- correction center (Noun) Alternative form of correctional center.
- correction centre (Noun) Alternative form of correctional center.
- correctional center (Noun) A prison, reformatory, or similar institution in which people are confined for the purpose of punishment and/or social rehabilitation.
- correctional centre (Noun) Alternative form of correctional center.
- correctional facility (Noun) A prison, reformatory, or similar institution in which people are confined for the purpose of punishment and/or social rehabilitation.
- corrections center (Noun) Alternative form of correctional center.
- corrections centre (Noun) Alternative form of correctional center.
- corrections officer (Noun) A jailer.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.