English word senses marked with topical category "Body parts"
protrudin - purple-headed yogurt slinger (29 senses)
- protrudin (Noun) A protein that induces neurite formation
- protryptase (Noun) A precursor of tryptase
- pseudoalterin (Noun) A metalloprotease isolated from deep-sea bacteria of a Pseudoalteromonas species.
- pseudoazurin (Noun) Synonym of cupredoxin
- pseudoenzyme (Noun) Any protein that has some biochemical function but is not a true enzyme
- pseudoisoenzyme (Noun) A variant conformation of an enzyme (that appears to be an isoenzyme)
- pseudokinase (Noun) A protein containing a catalytically inactive kinase domain.
- pseudolysin (Noun) A peptidase enzyme that has the characteristics of a lysin
- pseudopeptidase (Noun) Synonym of pseudoprotease
- pseudophosphatase (Noun) A pseudoenzyme that is a catalytically-inactive phosphatase
- pseudopilin (Noun) A form of pilin that lacks disulfide bonds between its folds
- pseudotrypsin (Noun) A proteoform of trypsin
- psoas (Noun) Either of two muscles, the psoas major and psoas minor, involved in flexion of the trunk.
- psoas major (Noun) a psoas muscle involved in the flexion of the trunk and thigh
- psoas minor (Noun) a psoas muscle involved in the flexion of the trunk, specifically the lumbar vertebral column, located anterior to the psoas major.
- psoriasin (Noun) An inflammatory calcium-binding protein found on human skin
- pteroylglutamic acid (Noun) folic acid, a polycyclic heterocyclic carboxylic acid of the vitamin B complex, essential for cell growth and reproduction.
- pterygoid muscle (Noun) Either of two muscles arising respectively from the lateral and medial surfaces of the lateral pterygoid process which serve to move the mandible forwards and to the side.
- pterygoideus (Noun) Alternative form of pterygoid muscle.
- ptyalin (Noun) A form of amylase found in saliva that breaks down starch into maltose and dextrin.
- pubic hair (Noun) The hair that grows in the pubic region from puberty.
- pubic hair (Noun) a single hair growing in the pubic region
- pud (Noun) Pudding (either sweet or savoury).
- pud (Noun) Penis.
- pud (Noun) Child's hand; child's fist.
- pud (Noun) Alternative form of pood
- pudendum muliebre (Noun) A woman's pudendum; her vulva; compare pudendum virile.
- pudendum virile (Noun) A part of the male pudenda; the principal male organ of intromission and micturition; the penis.
- pullulanase (Noun) Any of a class of enzyme that catalyze the hydrolysis and transglycosylation of α-1,4 or α-1,6 linkages in polysaccharides such as pullulan.
- punani (Noun) The female genitalia.
- punani (Noun) Sexual intercourse with a woman.
- puroindoline (Noun) Any of a small group of proteins, rich in tryptophan, found only in wheat
- purple helmet (Noun) The glans penis.
- purple-headed yogurt slinger (Noun) A penis.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.