English word senses marked with topical category "Automotive"
minivan - neighborhood electric vehicle (16 senses)
- minivan (Noun) A small van.
- minivan (Noun) A large and spacious passenger car, typically with five or seven seats and sliding rear doors
- minivan (Verb) To travel or transport in a small van.
- mobile chicane (Noun) A driver or car considerably slower than the rest on the track, when perceived to repeatedly act as an obstruction to faster drivers or cars.
- moonroof (Noun) A sunroof that has a clear glass panel, rather than being opaque, so that light can enter the vehicle even when the roof is closed.
- motor pulley (Noun) A special pulley attached to an axle of e.g. a motor to extract torque.
- motor racing (Noun) Racing in motor vehicles, such as cars, motorboats, or motorbikes.
- motor show (Noun) Synonym of auto show
- motorcar (Noun) An enclosed passenger motor vehicle, a car, powered by an engine.
- motorcar (Noun) A self-propelled railway vehicle
- motorhead (Noun) A car, truck, or motorcycle enthusiast.
- motorhead (Noun) A heavy user of amphetamines.
- motorsport (Noun) auto racing
- motorsport (Noun) Any sport involving automobiles (motor cars) other than racing; e.g. time trials
- mount (Noun) A hill or mountain.
- mount (Noun) Any of seven fleshy prominences in the palm of the hand, taken to represent the influences of various heavenly bodies.
- mount (Noun) A bulwark for offence or defence; a mound.
- mount (Noun) A bank; a fund.
- mount (Noun) A green hillock in the base of a shield.
- mount (Noun) An animal, usually a horse, used to ride on (unlike a draught horse).
- mount (Noun) A car, bicycle, or motorcycle used for racing.
- mount (Noun) A mounting; an object on which another object is mounted.
- mount (Noun) A rider in a cavalry unit or division.
- mount (Noun) A step or block to assist in mounting a horse.
- mount (Noun) A signal for mounting a horse.
- mount (Noun) A dominant ground grappling position, where one combatant sits on the other combatants torso with the face pointing towards the opponent's head.
- mount (Verb) To get upon; to ascend; to climb.
- mount (Verb) To place oneself on (a horse, a bicycle, etc.); to bestride.
- mount (Verb) To cause to mount; to put on horseback; to furnish with animals for riding.
- mount (Verb) To cause (something) to rise or ascend; to drive up; to raise; to elevate; to lift up.
- mount (Verb) To sit on a combatants torso with the face pointing towards the opponent's head; to assume the mount position in ground grappling.
- mount (Verb) To rise on high; to go up; to be upraised or uplifted; to tower aloft; to ascend; often with up.
- mount (Verb) To attach (an object) to a support, backing, framework etc.
- mount (Verb) To attach (a drive or device) to the file system in order to make it available to the operating system.
- mount (Verb) To increase in quantity or intensity.
- mount (Verb) To attain in value; to amount (to).
- mount (Verb) To get on top of (another) for the purpose of copulation.
- mount (Verb) To have sexual intercourse with someone.
- mount (Verb) To begin (a campaign, military assault, etc.); to launch.
- mount (Verb) To deploy (cannon) for use.
- mount (Verb) To prepare and arrange the scenery, furniture, etc. for use in (a play or production).
- mount (Verb) To incorporate fat, especially butter, into (a dish, especially a sauce to finish it).
- mudflap (Noun) A rectangular flap mounted near the wheel of a truck to prevent mud from being thrown up onto the vehicle.
- muffler (Noun) Part of the exhaust pipe of a car that dampens the noise the engine produces.
- muffler (Noun) A silencer or suppressor fitted to a gun.
- muffler (Noun) A type of scarf.
- multilink (Adjective) Of or pertaining to more than one telecommunications link.
- multilink (Adjective) Being or pertaining to a kind of vehicle suspension using three or more lateral arms and one or more longitudinal arms.
- my car has broken down (Phrase) my car has broken down
- necker's knob (Noun) A knob attached to the steering wheel of an automobile, especially before the widespread availability of power steering, helping the driver steer with one arm and leaving the other arm free to provide romantic attention to a companion.
- neighborhood electric vehicle (Noun) (US) A low-speed low-weight short-range vehicle, sometimes referred to as street-legal glorified all-electric golf carts
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.