English word senses marked with lifeform category "Asterales order plants"
ragweed - roadside thistle (8 senses)
- ragweed (Noun) A plant of the genus Ambrosia. These weeds are particularly noted for producing pollen which people with hay fever are allergic to.
- ragwort (Noun) Any of a number of wild flowering plants with yellow flowers in the family Asteraceae, mostly belonging to Senecio and related genera.
- rampion (Noun) A species of bellflower with roots and leaves formerly used in salads, Campanula rapunculus
- rampion (Noun) Any of several flowering plants of the genus Phyteuma, within the family Campanulaceae.
- raoulia (Noun) Any of the genus Raoulia of New Zealand plants in the pussytoes tribe (Gnaphalieae) within the daisy family (Asteraceae).
- rapunzel (Noun) A plant with leaves and crisp roots which have been used in salads, rampion, Campanula rapunculus.
- rapunzel (Noun) A plant with leaves which are used in salads, corn salad or mâche, Valerianella locusta.
- rattlesnake root (Noun) Prenanthes
- rattlesnake root (Noun) Synonym of rattlesnake master
- red cardinal flower (Noun) Lobelia cardinalis, native from Quebec to California and at higher elevations through Central America to Colombia.
- roadside thistle (Noun) Spear thistle, Cirsium vulgare.
- roadside thistle (Noun) Tall thistle, Cirsium altissimum.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-25 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.