English word senses marked with lifeform category "Asparagales order plants"
snowdrop - sparrowgrass (9 senses)
- snowdrop (Noun) Any of the 20 species of the genus Galanthus of the Amaryllidaceae, bulbous flowering plants, bearing a solitary, pendulous, white, bell-shaped flower that appears, depending on species, between autumn and late winter or early spring, all native to temperate Eurasia.
- snowdrop (Noun) Alternative letter-case form of Snowdrop (“a Royal Air Force police officer”).
- snowdrop (Verb) To steal clothing (especially women's underwear) from a clothesline.
- snowflake (Noun) A crystal of snow, having approximate hexagonal symmetry.
- snowflake (Noun) Any of several bulbous European plants, of the genus Leucojum, having white flowers.
- snowflake (Noun) The snow bunting, Plectrophenax nivalis.
- snowflake (Noun) Someone who believes they are particularly unique and special.
- snowflake (Noun) Someone hypersensitive to insult or offense, especially a young person with politically correct sensibilities.
- snowflake (Noun) A type of lesion that appears as scattered white-brown spots under high magnification light microscopy.
- snowflake (Noun) Something that is unique in every presentation.
- snowflake (Noun) A Caucasian person.
- snowflake (Noun) Someone (usually white) who was opposed to the abolition of slavery (Missouri, 1860s)
- snowflake (Verb) To fall in the manner of a snowflake.
- snowflake (Verb) To arrange (data) into a snowflake schema.
- soap plant (Noun) Any plant of the genus Chlorogalum, endemic to western North America, especially Chlorogalum pomeridianum, the most widespread species.
- soap plant (Noun) Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see soap, plant.
- soaptree (Noun) The plant Yucca elata, which has a substance in its roots and trunk rich in saponins.
- soaptree yucca (Noun) A desert shrub with long, pointed leaves and white flowers native to southwestern North America from southern Arizona to western Texas and northern Mexico, Yucca elata, used by American Indians for soap, due to its high saponin content, and fiber.
- soapweed (Noun) The plant Yucca elata.
- sotol (Noun) Any of several species of North American desert plants of the genus Dasylirion, of the asparagus family.
- sotol (Noun) A distilled spirit made from the sap of some of these plants, especially Dasylirion wheeleri.
- sparaxis (Noun) Any of several deciduous perennial flowering herbs, of the genus Sparaxis, from South Africa
- sparrowgrass (Noun) Asparagus.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.