English word senses marked with topical category "Algebra"
Galois field - Grothendieck-Riemann-Roch theorem (11 senses)
- Galois field (Noun) A finite field.
- Galois group (Noun) The automorphism group of a Galois extension.
- Galois theory (Noun) The branch of mathematics dealing with Galois groups, Galois fields, and polynomial equations.
- Gauss-Jordan elimination (Noun) A method of reducing an augmented matrix to reduced row echelon form.
- Gaussian (Adjective) Of or pertaining to Carl Friedrich Gauss.
- Gaussian (Adjective) Normal.
- Gaussian (Noun) the Gaussian function.
- Gaussian (Noun) the normal distribution.
- Gaussian elimination (Noun) A method of reducing an augmented matrix to row echelon form.
- Gaussian function (Noun) A function of the form f(x)=a· exp (-((x-b)²)/(2c²)) for arbitrary real-number constants a, b and non-zero c; used in statistics, signal processing, etc.
- Gaussian integer (Noun) Any complex number of the form a + bi, where a and b are integers.
- Grassmann algebra (Noun) A direct sum with an exterior product of multivector spaces which are all based on a same underlying finite-dimensional vector space. The associative algebra of sums and exterior products of scalars, vectors, blades, multivectors, and hybrid (i.e., non-homogeneous) sums of multivectors of different grades.
- Green's function (Noun) a type of function used in the analysis of inhomogeneous differential equations.
- Grothendieck-Riemann-Roch theorem (Proper name) An important generalization of the Hirzebruch-Riemann-Roch theorem about complex manifolds.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.