English word senses marked with other category "African-American Vernacular English"
dicty - don't (8 senses)
- dicty (Adjective) stylish and respectable; high-class
- dicty (Adjective) striving to seem stylish and respectable; pretentious
- dicty (Adjective) snobbish and uptight
- dicty (Noun) An upper-class black.
- didn' (Abbreviation) Pronunciation spelling of didn't.
- dizamn (Interjection) Damn.
- doe (Noun) A female deer; also used of similar animals such as antelope, (less commonly goat as nanny is also used).
- doe (Noun) A female rabbit.
- doe (Noun) A female hare.
- doe (Noun) A female squirrel.
- doe (Noun) A female kangaroo.
- doe (Verb) Obsolete spelling of do
- doe (Adverb) though
- dog bone (Noun) a bone that is given to a dog to chew on and play with, similar to a dog biscuit. They can be real bones, or they can be made of other materials like plastic or leather
- dog bone (Noun) a 2- or 3-dimensional compound shape, evocative of a dog biscuit or dog-bone toy with a central shaft and two lobes (analogous to femoral condyles) at each end
- dog bone (Noun) the penis
- dog out (Verb) To mistreat, especially for a pimp or abusive man to mistreat a woman by prostituting her.
- dome (Noun) A structural element resembling the hollow upper half of a sphere.
- dome (Noun) Anything shaped like an upset bowl, often used as a cover.
- dome (Noun) A person's head.
- dome (Noun) head, oral sex
- dome (Noun) A building; a house; an edifice.
- dome (Noun) Any erection resembling the dome or cupola of a building, such as the upper part of a furnace, the vertical steam chamber on the top of a boiler, etc.
- dome (Noun) A prism formed by planes parallel to a lateral axis which meet above in a horizontal edge, like the roof of a house; also, one of the planes of such a form.
- dome (Verb) To give a domed shape to.
- dome (Verb) To shoot in the head.
- dome (Verb) To perform fellatio on.
- don't (Verb) do not (negative auxiliary)
- don't (Verb) does not
- don't (Verb) Used before an emphatic negative subject.
- don't (Interjection) Stop!, Don't touch that!
- don't (Noun) Something that must not be done (usually in the phrase dos and don'ts).
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.