English word senses marked with topical category "Administration"
prior - prison-industrial complex (10 senses)
- prior (Adjective) Advance; previous; coming before.
- prior (Adjective) Former, previous.
- prior (Adverb) Previously.
- prior (Noun) A previous arrest or criminal conviction on someone's record.
- prior (Noun) A prior probability distribution, one based on information or belief before additional data is collected.
- prior (Noun) A high-ranking member of a monastery, usually lower in rank than an abbot.
- prior (Noun) A chief magistrate in Italy.
- prison (Noun) A place or institution of confinement, especially of long-term confinement for those convicted of serious crimes or otherwise considered undesirable by the government.
- prison (Noun) Confinement in prison.
- prison (Noun) Any restrictive environment, such as a harsh academy or home.
- prison (Verb) To imprison.
- prison bitch (Noun) A male prisoner used as a sex slave in the absence of available women.
- prison cell (Noun) The room to which a prisoner is confined in a prison.
- prison chaser (Noun) A prison guard; particularly one who guards military prisoners on fatigue duty.
- prison guard (Noun) An armed person working to provide order, security, discipline, punishment, and prevent escapes of prisoners in a jail that answers to a warden.
- prison labor (Noun) Work which one is compelled to perform due to lack of options, by choice while in prison, or outright against one's will, while in a condition of confinement or slavery.
- prison ring (Noun) A ring (item worn on the finger) fashioned by hand in a prison, commonly from a celluloid item such as a toothbrush or a pen.
- prison-bound (Adjective) destined for prison, by leading a life of crime
- prison-bound (Adjective) incarcerated
- prison-industrial complex (Noun) The socioeconomic combination of prisons and the private businesses that supply them with goods and services.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.