English word senses marked with other category "English compound determinatives"
Parent categories: Compound determinatives, Compound words, Determiners
Total 30 word senses
- anybody (Pronoun) Any one out of an indefinite number of persons; anyone; any person.
- anyone (Pronoun) Any person; anybody.
- anyplace (Adverb) At a non-specific place; anywhere.
- anything (Pronoun) Any object, act, state, event, or fact whatever; a thing of any kind; something or other.
- anywhere (Pronoun) Any location or an unknown location.
- everybody (Pronoun) All people.
- everyone (Pronoun) Every person.
- everyplace (Adverb) Everywhere.
- everything (Pronoun) All the things under discussion.
- everything (Pronoun) Many or most things.
- everything (Pronoun) A state of well-being (from all parts of the whole).
- everything (Pronoun) Considerable effort.
- everything (Pronoun) The most important thing.
- everywhere (Adverb) In or to all locations under discussion.
- everywhere (Adverb) In or to a few or more locations.
- no one (Pronoun) Used in contrast to anyone, someone or everyone: not one person; nobody.
- nobody (Pronoun) Not any person; the logical negation of somebody.
- nobody (Noun) Someone who is not important or well-known.
- noplace (Adverb) Nowhere.
- nothing (Pronoun) Not any thing; no thing.
- nowhere (Noun) No particular place, noplace.
- somebody (Noun) A recognised or important person, a celebrity.
- someone (Noun) an important person
- someplace (Adverb) Somewhere.
- something (Pronoun) A quality to a moderate degree.
- something (Pronoun) A talent or quality that is difficult to specify.
- something (Adverb) Used to adverbialise a following adjective
- something (Verb) Applied to an action whose name is forgotten by, unknown or unimportant to the user, e.g. from words of a song.
- something (Noun) An object whose name is forgotten by, unknown or unimportant to the user, e.g., from words of a song. Also used to refer to an object earlier indefinitely referred to as 'something' (pronoun sense).
- somewhere (Noun) Unspecified or unknown (unlocated) place or location.
Download JSON data for these senses (205.8kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable English dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-01-20 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-01-01 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.