Chuukese Suffix word senses
Total 48 word senses
- achasefan (Suffix) atonement
- -ach (Suffix) our (inclusive)
- -an (Suffix) his, hers, its
- -chö (Suffix) Counting suffix used to denote that the subject is flat or paper-like.
- -ei (Suffix) my
- -ei (Suffix) me
- -ei (Suffix) added to nouns to form verbs
- -em (Suffix) our (exclusive)
- -emi (Suffix) your (plural)
- -en (Suffix) of
- -eno (Suffix) completely
- -er (Suffix) their
- -er (Suffix) them
- -ewe (Suffix) Added to an event to show that it happened in the past.
- -ewe (Suffix) The person indicated or understood from context.
- -fengen (Suffix) together
- -fesen (Suffix) apart
- -fou (Suffix) Counting suffix used to denote that the subject is round or globular.
- -i (Suffix) added to intransitive verbs to make them transitive
- -i (Suffix) him, her, it (third person singular indirect object)
- -in (Suffix) of
- -k (Suffix) you (in the singular, indirect object suffix)
- -kem (Suffix) us (exclusive)
- -kemi (Suffix) you (plural)
- -kich (Suffix) us (inclusive)
- -mön (Suffix) Counting suffix used to denote that the subject is a living entity.
- -n (Suffix) Alternative form of -en
- -ne (Suffix) quickly, soon
- -ngaw (Suffix) bad
- -ngaw (Suffix) to do something badly
- -ngeni (Suffix) toward
- -ngöröu (Suffix) thousand
- -no (Suffix) away; used to modify verb direction
- -nong (Suffix) in, inside; used to modify verb direction
- -om (Suffix) your
- -puku (Suffix) hundred
- -pwap (Suffix) Used to express tense in the distant future; will later
- -pwe (Suffix) Aspect marker used to express the future tense; will, shall, must.
- -r (Suffix) them
- -sap (Suffix) Negative future tense; will not.
- -se (Suffix) Negative simple present and past tense aspect marker.
- -sefan (Suffix) again, another time
- -te (Suffix) Used to express negative tense in the determinate; never
- -tiw (Suffix) down; used to modify verb direction
- -to (Suffix) here; used to modify verb direction
- -tä (Suffix) up; used to modify verb direction
- -u (Suffix) out, outwards; used to modify verb direction
- -un (Suffix) of
Download JSON data for these senses (22.8kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Chuukese dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-12-07 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-12-01 using wiktextract (c7094e7 and 474c143).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.