Chinese word senses marked with tag "historical"
絻 - 緶 (19 senses)
- 絻 (Character) Alternative form of 冕 (miǎn).
- 絻 (Character) cloth band wrapped around the head for mourning
- 綏 (Character) cord held when mounting a carriage
- 綏 (Character) to pacify; to placate
- 綏 (Character) Short for 綏遠／绥远 (Suíyuǎn, “Suiyuan province”).
- 綏寧 (Verb) to pacify; to stabilize
- 綏寧 (Proper name) Suining (a county of Shaoyang, Hunan, China)
- 綏寧 (Proper name) (historical) Suining (a province in modern-day Heilongjiang)
- 綏寧 (Proper name) Suining (a district of Songping in Chinese Vietnam)
- 經互會 (Proper name) Short for 經濟互助委員會／经济互助委员会 (Jīngjì Hùzhù Wěiyuánhuì, “Council for Mutual Economic Assistance; Comecon”).
- 經典 (Noun) Chinese classics; Chinese canonical texts
- 經典 (Noun) religious scripture
- 經典 (Noun) classics; masterpiece; masterwork
- 經典 (Adjective) classic; classical; authoritative; definitive; outstanding
- 經典 (Adjective) classic; traditional; original
- 經生 (Verb) to pass through life
- 經生 (Noun) copier of classical works
- 經生 (Noun) classics scholar
- 經籍志 (Noun) monograph on bibliography (in a premodern Chinese text); bibliographic treatise
- 綠營 (Proper name) Pan-Green Coalition
- 綠營 (Proper name) Green Standards
- 綠綺 (Proper name) name of a guqin
- 綠綺 (Noun) guqin
- 綠綺 (Noun) green silk
- 綠衣 (Noun) early colonial policeman
- 綠衣 (Noun) (American (–1980) Cantonese) policeman; policeman
- 綠衣 (Noun) (American (–1980) Cantonese) immigration official; immigration official
- 綠衣 (Noun) postman
- 綬帶 (Noun) silk ribbon attached to an official seal or a medal
- 綬帶 (Noun) sash worn over the body by event models, beauty queens, etc.
- 綬帶 (Noun) Alternative form of 壽帶／寿带 (shòudài, “Indian paradise flycatcher”).
- 維希法國 (Proper name) Vichy France (a historical puppet state of the Nazi Germany in present-day south France; de facto capital: Vichy)
- 緡 (Character) fishing line
- 緡 (Character) cord for stringing coins
- 緡 (Character) Name of a country at the northeast of what is now Jinxiang county, Shandong province.
- 緡 (Character) a surname
- 編 (Character) to put in order; to arrange
- 編 (Character) to weave; to knit; to plait
- 編 (Character) to write; to compose; to author; to compile; to edit
- 編 (Character) to connect; to join
- 編 (Character) to make up; to fabricate
- 編 (Character) cord for tying slips of inscribed bamboo or wood together
- 編 (Character) part of a book; book; volume
- 編 (Character) a surname
- 編戶齊民 (Noun) common people included in the household register
- 編磬 (Noun) bianqing (a set of stone chimes used in the music of ancient China)
- 緬寧 (Proper name) (～縣) Mianning (a former county of Yunnan, China which covered present-day Linxiang district, Lincang, Yunnan; renamed Lincang in 1954)
- 緯書 (Noun) Confucian esoteric literature (occult writings based on the body of Confucian classics)
- 緶 (Character) Alternative form of 辮／辫 (biàn, “plait; braid”).
- 緶 (Character) to stitch; to sew up; to hem
- 緶 (Character) ^‡ to lift up skirts; to lift up skirts
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Chinese dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-01-26 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-01-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.