Chinese word senses marked with tag "archaic"
大器 - 大鴻臚 (17 senses)
- 大器 (Noun) treasure (especially jade tablets, stone ornaments, bells, cauldrons, etc.)
- 大器 (Noun) laws of nature; laws of heaven
- 大器 (Noun) person of great talent
- 大夫 (Noun) doctor (medical doctor)
- 大夫 (Noun) A governmental job title used during the Spring and Autumn period, the Warring States period and the early Chinese dynasties, whose responsibilities encompassed managing royal and court affairs, often translated as "senior official", "high officer" or "great officer".
- 大夫 (Noun) large, dry field
- 大夫 (Proper name) a surname
- 大官人 (Noun) a term of address to a man of rank or nobleman
- 大將軍 (Noun) supreme general; commander in chief
- 大慟 (Verb) to start crying as the result of extreme sadness; to weep uncontrollably
- 大棋 (Noun) a scheme or strategy that has a long-term effect
- 大棋 (Noun) Go (board game)
- 大正 (Adjective) just; fair and honest
- 大正 (Noun) name of an ancient official title
- 大正 (Proper name) Taishō era of Japanese history
- 大正 (Proper name) Alternative name for 太白星 (Tàibáixīng, “Venus”).
- 大正 (Verb) to send a punitive expedition
- 大爺 (Noun) insolent person; arrogant person
- 大爺 (Noun) patrician; nobleman
- 大爺 (Noun) paternal uncle (father's elder brother)
- 大爺 (Noun) old man
- 大牢 (Noun) jail; prison; dungeon
- 大相 (Noun) honorific address for a man
- 大秦 (Proper name) the Roman Empire; the City of Rome; etc.
- 大秦 (Proper name) the Hellenistic or Greco-Roman world in general, the West
- 大秦 (Proper name) the Coele Syria or the Roman Levant; the Syria region under Roman dominion
- 大綱 (Noun) outline; gist
- 大綱 (Noun) the main rope of a fishing net
- 大綱 (Adverb) roughly; about; overall
- 大綱 (Adverb) doggedly; with an insistence upon
- 大興山 (Proper name) Daxing Hills
- 大谷 (Noun) valley; canyon
- 大谷 (Proper name) Dagu Pass (a strategic pass to the south of Luoyang)
- 大陽 (Proper name) Dayang County (present day Pinglu County, in the Shanxi province of northern China)
- 大食 (Proper name) the (Abbasid) caliphate
- 大食 (Adjective) having a large appetite; being a big eater
- 大食 (Adjective) penetrating deeper or more frequently
- 大食 (Noun) gunny sack
- 大食 (Verb) to gorge oneself; to pig out
- 大鴻臚 (Noun) position title: Minister Herald
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Chinese dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-02-04 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-02-01 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.