Chinese word senses marked with other category "Mandarin words containing 一 not undergoing tone sandhi"
一等 - 天字第一號 (42 senses)
- 一等 (Adjective) first-class; first-rate; top; the best
- 一等洋人二等官，三等少民四等漢 (Phrase) In China, foreigners enjoy the highest status and the best treatment, followed by government officials, then by ethnic minorities and lastly by Han Chinese (which enjoy the lowest status and worst treatment).
- 一等獎 (Noun) first prize (as in a competition)
- 一級 (Adjective) first-degree; level-one; first-class
- 一級方程式 (Proper name) Formula One
- 一級方程式賽車 (Proper name) Formula One
- 一級棒 (Adjective) excellent
- 一級結構 (Noun) primary structure
- 一而再，再而三 (Phrase) again and again; time and again; repeatedly
- 一號電池 (Noun) D battery
- 一讀 (Verb) to read (a bill) in a legislature for the first time
- 一賜樂業教 (Proper name) Judaism
- 一階邏輯 (Noun) first-order logic
- 一飲而盡 (Phrase) to drink at a draught
- 三一律 (Noun) classical unities
- 三一頌 (Noun) Trinitarian doxology (most often refers to “Praise God, from whom all blessings flow”)
- 三教合一 (Noun) the Three Teachings (i.e., Confucianism, Daoism, and Buddhism) in Chinese culture and religious life, coexisting as syncretism
- 上一號 (Verb) to urinate; to pass water
- 不一而足 (Phrase) cannot be described only by one example; by no means an isolated case; to be numerous; innumerable
- 不可無一，不可有二 (Phrase) is irreplaceable, no one can replace him
- 中日韓統一表意文字 (Proper name) CJK Unified Ideographs
- 九一一 (Proper name) Short for 九一一事件 (Jiǔ-yāo-yāo Shìjiàn).
- 九一一事件 (Proper name) September 11 attacks; 9/11
- 九一八 (Proper name) Mukden Incident
- 九一八事變 (Proper name) Mukden Incident
- 九一散 (Noun) A pale orange or pale pink fine powder used externally in traditional Chinese medicine "to drain pus, eradicate toxicity, eliminate dead tissue and promote the growth of new tissue in the treatment of festering sore or abscess with inadequate drainage or initial granulation".
- 予一人 (Pronoun) I; "I, the one man" (reserved for use by the Son of Heaven)
- 五一國際勞動節 (Noun) May Day
- 你做初一我做十五 (Phrase) an eye for an eye; tit for tat
- 八一南昌起義 (Proper name) 1 August Nanchang Uprising
- 八一建軍節 (Proper name) August 1 Army Day (from the Nanchang Uprising)
- 六一散 (Noun) A pale yellowish-white powder used in traditional Chinese medicine "to remove summer-damp in the treatment of lassitude, thirst, diarrhea and oliguria with dark urine after exposure to summer-heat". It is also used as heat-rash powder externally.
- 十一味能消丸 (Noun) A brownish-yellow pill used in traditional Tibetan medicine "to remove blood stasis and promote blood flow, to stimulate menstrual discharge, and to induce labour in the treatment of amenorrhea, menstrual disorders, difficult labour, retention of placenta, and postpartum abdominal pain due to blood stasis".
- 十一月份 (Proper name) Synonym of 十一月 (shíyīyuè).
- 十一酸睪酮 (Noun) testosterone undecanoate
- 又一村 (Proper name) Yau Yat Tsuen, Yau Yat Chuen (an area in the Sham Shui Po District, Hong Kong)
- 同一性 (Noun) identity; identicalness
- 唯一性 (Noun) uniqueness
- 單一制 (Noun) unitary system
- 增一度 (Noun) augmented unison
- 大年初一 (Noun) first day of the Chinese calendar; first day of Chinese New Year
- 天字第一號 (Phrase) the first; the foremost
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Chinese dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-06-29 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-06-20 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.