Chinese word senses marked with category "Mandarin terms with multiple pronunciations": starting with 寧
7 senses starting with 寧
- 寧可 (Adverb) would rather; would prefer; it would be better if
- 寧可玉碎，不能瓦全 (Proverb) Dying an honourable death is better than living a dishonourable life
- 寧教我負天下人，休教天下人負我 (Proverb) I would rather that everyone were betrayed by me, instead of me being betrayed by everyone.
- 寧為太平犬，不做亂世人 (Proverb) It’s better to be a dog in a peaceful time than be a man in a chaotic period.
- 寧肯 (Adverb) would rather; would prefer; it would be better if
- 寧遠堡 (Proper name) Ningyuanbu (a town in Jinchuan district, Jinchang, Gansu, China)
- 寧願 (Adverb) would rather; would prefer; it would be better if
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Chinese dictionary. The data was extracted on 2021-07-30 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2021-07-20 using wiktextract. The machine-readable data formats are described on that page.