Cebuano word senses marked with other category "Folk medicine"
Words starting with lana sa bitin - tuob (3 senses)
- lana sa bitin (Noun) snake oil; a medicinal oil made from fat exracted from snakes
- palina (Noun) a smoke bath; a ritual fumigation
- palina (Noun) the mixture of twigs, leaves, herbs and charcoal embers used to start a smoke
- palina (Verb) to bathe in smoke; to perform a ritual fumigation, in order; to purify a person of disease, illness or buyag
- palina (Verb) to bathe in smoke; to perform a ritual fumigation, in order; to cleans oneself after visiting a cemetery
- palina (Verb) to bathe in smoke; to perform a ritual fumigation, in order; to promote a short and smooth childbirth
- tuob (Adjective) enclosed; closed in; contained
- tuob (Adjective) obstructed; shut off to passage
- tuob (Noun) an unopened palm frond
- tuob (Verb) to make oneself sweat by wrapping one's body in a blanket while on all fours above a pot of steaming boiled mixture of burnt rice, Coke, ice and mango leaves, often to cure oneself of pasmo or kabuhi
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Cebuano dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-05-27 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-05-20 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.