Belarusian Interjection word senses
Total 17 word senses
- а (Character) The first letter of the Belarusian alphabet, written in the Cyrillic script.
- а (Conjunction) but, and, and yet (deviates from the preceding idea in some manner; introduces a new or different meaning, as opposed to но (no), which usually indicates contrarity)
- а (Particle) interrogative particle: introduces a question
- а (Interjection) ah!, oh!, oh well
- выбачайце (Interjection) sorry (expression of regret or sorrow)
- вядома (Interjection) of course
- віншую (Verb) first-person singular present indicative imperfective of віншава́ць (vinšavácʹ)
- віншую (Interjection) congratulations!
- да пабачэння (Interjection) goodbye
- дабрыдзень (Interjection) Alternative form of до́бры дзень (dóbry dzjenʹ): g'day
- дапамога (Noun) help
- дапамога (Interjection) help!
- дзякуй (Verb) second-person singular imperative of дзя́каваць (dzjákavacʹ)
- дзякуй (Interjection) thank you, thanks
- дзякуй (Noun) a thank-you
- здароў (Interjection) hello (informal)
- калі ласка (Interjection) please
- маладзец (Noun) young man
- маладзец (Noun) brave person
- маладзец (Interjection) well done! attaboy! attagirl!
- ну (Interjection) well, so (used in encouragements or discouragements, or as a filled pause)
- ну (Interjection) with і (i) or ж (ž): what ...!, what a...!, that's quite a...! (expresses disbelief)
- ну (Particle) so, therefore (used in the beginning of summarising sentences)
- ну (Particle) well?, so? (general-purpose question, an encouragement for the interlocutor to continue speaking)
- ну (Particle) yeah, yep
- прывет (Interjection) hello (informal)
- так (Adverb) so, thus
- так (Interjection) yes
- увага (Noun) care
- увага (Noun) attention
- увага (Interjection) look out! watch out!
- чорт (Noun) devil, demon
- чорт (Interjection) damn! hell!
Download JSON data for these senses (16.3kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Belarusian dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-12-07 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-12-01 using wiktextract (c7094e7 and 474c143).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.