Arabic Prefix word senses
Total 5 word senses
- كهرو (Prefix) electro-
- لا (Particle) no
- لا (Particle) not; negates an indicative present-tense verb
- لا (Particle) do not; expresses prohibition with a jussive verb
- لا (Particle) there is not, there is no, there is nothing, nothing is
- لا (Particle) not; negates any non-verbal sentence element
- لا (Particle) neither, nor
- لا (Conjunction) not, and not
- لا (Prefix) non-, un-, in-
- لا (Particle) Alternative spelling of لَ (la, “truly, indeed”)
- م (Character) the twenty-fourth letter of the Arabic alphabet. It is preceded by ل (l) and followed by ن (n)
- م (Character) p.m., after noon (abbreviation from مساء)
- م (Symbol) the thirteenth letter in traditional abjad order, which is used in place of numerals for list numbering (abjad numerals). It is preceded by ل (l) and followed by ن (n).
- م (Prefix) a prefix used to create nouns of place
- م (Prefix) a prefix used to create instrument nouns
- م (Prefix) a prefix that forms part of the pattern for participles from verb form II upwards, as well as all four-root verbs, i. e. all participles that are not from verb form I
Download JSON data for these senses (13.7kB)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable Arabic dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2023-12-04 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2023-12-01 using wiktextract (d78fae7 and e74a84e).
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.