All languages combined word senses marked with lifeform category "Human behaviour"
yew - ébenfa (10 senses)
- yew (Noun) [English] A species of coniferous tree, Taxus baccata, with dark-green flat needle-like leaves and seeds bearing red arils, native to western, central and southern Europe, northwest Africa, northern Iran and southwest Asia.
- yew (Noun) [English] Any tree or shrub of the genus Taxus.
- yew (Noun) [English] Other conifers resembling plants in genus Taxus; in family Podocarpaceae
- yew (Noun) [English] Other conifers resembling plants in genus Taxus; in family Cephalotaxaceae
- yew (Noun) [English] The wood of the such trees.
- yew (Noun) [English] A bow for archery, made of yew wood.
- yew (Adjective) [English] Made from the wood of the yew tree.
- yew (Pronoun) [English] Eye dialect spelling of you.
- yew (Pronoun) [Middle English] Alternative form of yow
- yew (Noun) [Noone] house
- yew (Noun) [Yola] The portion of the ridge taken by each reaper in harvest.
- yew (Noun) [Yola] The same laid in rows for binding into sheaves.
- yew (Numeral) [Zazaki] one
- yuku inu (Noun) [Magdalena Peñasco Mixtec] tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum)
- zadra (Noun) [Polish] splinter (long, sharp fragment of material, often wood)
- zadra (Noun) [Polish] painful memory
- zau³³ (Noun) [Tsat] wood; stick
- zinfandel (Noun) [English] A dry red wine of California.
- zinfandel (Noun) [English] A small black grape from which zinfandel wine is made.
- zrębek (Noun) [Polish] woodchip (small mechanically produced piece of wood)
- álamo (Noun) [Portuguese] poplar (any of the trees in the genus Populus)
- álamo (Noun) [Spanish] white poplar (tree and wood)
- éabann (Noun) [Irish] ebony
- ébano (Noun) [Portuguese] ebony (wood)
- ébano (Noun) [Portuguese] ebony (tree)
- ébano (Noun) [Portuguese] ebony (colour)
- ébano (Adjective) [Portuguese] ebony (deep, dark black colour)
- ébano (Noun) [Spanish] ebony
- ébenfa (Noun) [Hungarian] ebony (wood)
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable All languages combined dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-08-09 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-08-01 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.