All languages combined word senses marked with lifeform category "Human behaviour"
admat - akli (9 senses)
- admat (Noun) [Old Irish] invention
- admat (Noun) [Old Irish] material, timber
- admat (Noun) [Old Irish] poem
- aegis (Noun) [English] A mythological shield associated with the Greek deities Zeus and Athena (and their Roman counterparts Jupiter and Minerva) shown as a short cloak made of goatskin worn on the shoulders, more as an emblem of power and protection than a military shield. The aegis of Athena or Minerva is usually shown with a border of snakes and with the head of Medusa in the center.
- aegis (Noun) [English] Usually as under the aegis: guidance, protection; endorsement, sponsorship.
- aegis (Noun) [Latin] the aegis, or shield. See Aegis; αἰγίς.; of Zeus or Jupiter
- aegis (Noun) [Latin] the aegis, or shield. See Aegis; αἰγίς.; of Athena or Minerva
- aegis (Noun) [Latin] a shield, a defence; protection;
- aegis (Noun) [Latin] the heartwood of the larch
- agalloch (Noun) [English] The soft, aromatic, resinous wood of Aquilaria malaccensis (formerly Aquilaria agallocha).
- agarwood (Noun) [English] Heartwood from trees of genus Aquilaria, especially Aquilaria malaccensis (syn. A. agallocha), infected with mold (Phialophora parasitica), which produce an aromatic resin in response to this infestation.
- agrassot (Noun) [Catalan] A grape which fails to ripen.
- agràs (Noun) [Catalan] An unripe grape.
- agràs (Noun) [Catalan] verjuice
- agáloco (Noun) [Spanish] agarwood (type of heartwood)
- aik (Verb) [English] To drive.
- aik (Adverb) [Central Nahuatl] never.
- aik (Noun) [Mualang] water
- aik (Noun) [Scots] oak
- aik (Verb) [Scots] to drive
- aik (Noun) [Proto-West Germanic] oak
- akli (Noun) [Cebuano] a medium-sized leguminous tree, Albizia acle
- akli (Noun) [Cebuano] the wood from this tree
- akli (Adjective) [Latvian] nominative plural masculine form of akls
- akli (Adverb) [Latvian] blind, blindly; adverbial form of akls
- akli (Adjective) [Lithuanian] positive masculine plural nominative form of aklas.
- akli (Adjective) [Lithuanian] positive masculine plural vocative form of aklas.
- akli (Adjective) [Turkish] mental
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable All languages combined dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-08-09 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-08-01 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.