All languages combined word senses marked with topical category "Holidays"
rena - sankta ĵaŭdo (8 senses)
- rena (Verb) [Faroese] to stab
- rena (Noun) [Italian] sand
- rena (Noun) [Polish] genitive singular of ren (reindeer)
- rena (Noun) [Polish] accusative singular of ren (reindeer)
- rena (Noun) [Portuguese] reindeer
- rena (Adjective) [Swedish] absolute singular definite and plural form of ren.
- rena (Verb) [Swedish] to purify, to remove impurities from
- rena (Verb) [Swedish] to purify; to free someone from guilt or sin (motivated by religion)
- renne (Verb) [Dutch] singular present subjunctive of rennen
- renne (Noun) [French] reindeer
- renne (Verb) [German] first-person singular present
- renne (Verb) [German] first/third-person singular subjunctive I
- renne (Verb) [German] singular imperative
- renne (Verb) [Hunsrik] to hit, to collide
- renne (Noun) [Italian] plural of renna
- renne (Verb) [Middle English] to run
- renne (Verb) [Norwegian Bokmål] to flow
- renne (Verb) [Norwegian Bokmål] to run (e.g. water)
- renne (Verb) [Norwegian Nynorsk] to flow
- renne (Verb) [Norwegian Nynorsk] to run (e.g. water)
- renne (Verb) [Rhine Franconian] to run
- renne (Verb) [Sathmar Swabian] to run
- renne (Noun) [West Flemish] swing
- resurrection (Noun) [English] The act of arising from the dead and becoming alive again.
- resurrection (Noun) [English] bodysnatching
- riegádanbeaivi (Noun) [Northern Sami] birthday
- romjul (Noun) [Norwegian Bokmål] The period between Boxing Day and New Year's Eve.
- romjul (Noun) [Norwegian Nynorsk] The period between Boxing Day and New Year's Eve.
- rosttov (Noun) [Skolt Sami] Christmas
- round robin (Noun) [English] The part of a tournament in which every player or team competes against each of the others in turn.
- round robin (Noun) [English] A petition signed in a circular fashion to disguise the order in which it was done.
- round robin (Noun) [English] A letter, with copies to multiple recipients, usually at Christmastime and often enclosed with a card, giving family news of interest to the sender.
- round robin (Noun) [English] A method of dividing loot amongst a party of players by having the game assign in turn loot to a player or an enemy corpse to loot to a player.
- round robin (Noun) [English] A form of trade, a series of exchanges in which each person in turn receives items of the same value from the previous person, finally returning to the original donor. For example in (philately) a stamp collector sends a packet of stamps to the next person on a list, who then takes the stamps he wants, replacing them with like-valued stamps, and then passing the packet to the next person on the li…
- round robin (Noun) [English] A method of dividing labor between several similar subsystems, assigning tasks to each of them in turn in an attempt to use resources more equitably.
- round robin (Noun) [English] A form of bet on the full set of possible combinations from a larger group (of teams, racehorses, etc.), such as the outcomes A+B, B+C and A+C from a group ABC.
- round robin (Noun) [English] The MIDI technique of using different sampled versions of the same sound for successive notes, to avoid an unnaturally repetitive effect.
- sankta ĵaŭdo (Noun) [Esperanto] the Thursday before Easter, Holy Thursday, Maundy Thursday
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable All languages combined dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-08-17 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-08-01 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.