All languages combined word senses marked with topical category "Hockey"
ofsajd - penalty shot (16 senses)
- ofsajd (Noun) [Czech] offside (play with an illegal position ahead of the ball)
- ofsajd (Noun) [Serbo-Croatian] offside
- ohjaus (Noun) [Finnish] control, guidance, steering, instruction
- ohjaus (Noun) [Finnish] direction
- ohjaus (Noun) [Finnish] deflection (practice of changing the direction of the puck with the stick without actually shooting)
- one-time (Adjective) [English] Of or pertaining to a specific time in the past.
- one-time (Adjective) [English] Occurring or used in a single instance and then never again.
- one-time (Verb) [English] To shoot (the ball or puck) directly from a teammate's pass.
- one-time (Noun) [English] The police.
- one-timer (Noun) [English] A shot, made from a teammate's pass, which is not stopped before shooting.
- ottelurangaistus (Noun) [Finnish] match penalty (penalty for serious violation of the rules consisting of removing a player from the game plus a five minute time penalty)
- outskate (Verb) [English] To skate better than.
- overager (Noun) [English] A player who is older than the maximum age permitted in a junior league.
- overskate (Verb) [English] To skate beyond the puck, thus losing control of it.
- paluukiekko (Noun) [Finnish] rebound
- penalty (Noun) [English] A legal sentence.
- penalty (Noun) [English] A punishment for violating rules of procedure.
- penalty (Noun) [English] A payment forfeited for an early withdrawal from an account or an investment.
- penalty (Noun) [English] In sports; A direct free kick from the penalty spot, taken after a defensive foul in the penalty box; a penalty kick.
- penalty (Noun) [English] In sports; A punishment for an infraction of the rules, often in the form of being removed from play for a specified amount of time.
- penalty (Noun) [English] A disadvantageous consequence of a previous event.
- penalty (Noun) [Dutch] penalty kick
- penalty (Noun) [French] penalty, penalty kick
- penalty (Noun) [Romanian] penalty
- penalty box (Noun) [English] An enclosed bench where a player must remain for timed period (a penalty) that is assessed after an infraction.
- penalty box (Noun) [English] The penalty area.
- penalty box (Noun) [English] A temporary punishment, or, metaphorically, a similar setback (e.g., loss of control, embarrassment, etc.).
- penalty corner (Noun) [English] a particular penalty awarded against the defending team in certain circumstances
- penalty goal (Noun) [English] A goal scored from a penalty.
- penalty kill (Noun) [English] An effort by a penalized team to nullify a penalty and opponent's power play, a length of time during the game when a penalized team has one or more players in the penalty box.
- penalty shootout (Noun) [English] A series of penalties (penalty kicks in soccer), taken to decide a winner after a game has resulted in a tie and extra time has been played.
- penalty shot (Noun) [English] A penalty awarded when a team loses a clear scoring opportunity on a breakaway because of a foul committed by an opposing player. A player from the non-offending team is given an attempt to score a goal without opposition from any defending players except the goaltender.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable All languages combined dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-08-09 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-08-01 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.