All languages combined word senses marked with topical category "Hinduism"
setra - sickularism (10 senses)
- setra (Romanization) [Balinese] Romanization of ᬲᬾᬢ᭄ᬭ
- setra (Noun) [Catalan] pitcher
- setra (Noun) [Indonesian] field, yard.
- setra (Noun) [Indonesian] graveyard, cemetery (Balinese Hinduism).
- setra (Noun) [Portuguese] slingshot (device for shooting small projectiles)
- shakha (Noun) [English] Either a school of the Vedas, or the traditional texts followed by a school.
- shakti (Noun) [English] the divine force that pervades the universe.
- shanti (Noun) [English] Peace, tranquility.
- shanti (Interjection) [English] A call for peace, often recited three times as a form of prayer.
- shivaïste (Noun) [French] Shaiva, Saiva
- shivaïte (Noun) [French] Shaiva, Saiva
- shraddha (Noun) [English] A Hindu ceremony performed in commemoration of one's deceased relatives, especially a parent.
- shudrá (Noun) [Spanish] Shudra
- sickular (Adjective) [English] Leftist; in Indian politics, favouring a secular society; hence, opposed to Hindu nationalism.
- sickular (Noun) [English] A leftist; in Indian politics, one who favours a secular society, hence often one opposed to Hindu nationalism.
- sickularism (Noun) [English] Secularism, viewed as being anti-Hindu.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable All languages combined dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-08-17 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-08-01 using wiktextract.
If you use this data in academic research, please cite Tatu Ylonen: Wiktextract: Wiktionary as Machine-Readable Structured Data, Proceedings of the 13th Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 1317-1325, Marseille, 20-25 June 2022. Linking to the relevant page(s) under https://kaikki.org would also be greatly appreciated.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page
for the unprocessed wiktextract data.