All languages combined word senses marked with topical category "Characters from folklore"
Words starting with Pulcinell - tooth fairy (7 senses)
- Pulcinell (Noun) [German] Pulcinella, Punchinello (Italian theatrical character)
- Pulcinella (Noun) [German] Alternative form of Pulcinell
- Pulcinella (Proper name) [Italian] a character from the commedia dell'arte known for his loud and cunningly playful behavior, native of Naples
- Robin des Bois (Proper name) [French] Robin Hood (legendary English outlaw)
- Saci (Proper name) [English] A black, one-legged, prankster youngster in Brazilian folklore, who smokes a pipe and wears a magical red hat that enables him to disappear.
- Saci (Proper name) [English] The goddess of wrath and jealousy in Hindu mythology.
- Saci (Proper name) [Portuguese] Saci
- fumera (Noun) [Catalan] A puff of smoke.
- fumera (Noun) [Catalan] chimney
- fumera (Noun) [Catalan] A desire to smoke.
- fumera (Noun) [Catalan] A doll with seven eyes which is placed near the fireplace during the Christmas season, supposedly to act as a spy for the Magi or the tió de Nadal.
- fumera (Verb) [French] third-person singular future of fumer
- polichinelo (Noun) [Portuguese] Pulcinella, Punchinello (a short clown in the commedia dell'arte)
- polichinelo (Noun) [Portuguese] jumping jack (exercise performed by jumping with the legs spread wide and the hands touching overhead)
- tooth fairy (Noun) [English] A figure of modern myth said to give children a small amount of money (or sometimes a present) in exchange for a milk tooth when it falls out of a child's mouth.
This page is a part of the kaikki.org machine-readable All languages combined dictionary. This dictionary is based on structured data extracted on 2022-05-23 from the enwiktionary dump dated 2022-05-20 using wiktextract.
The data shown on this site has been post-processed and various details (e.g., extra categories) removed, some information disambiguated, and additional data merged from other sources. See the raw data download page for the unprocessed wiktextract data.